So I’ve been trying my darndest to eat a paleo diet, and I always know I can count on my friend Nicole to pass along the yummiest recipes. She made these scrumptious muffins while I was at her house photographing her cute little family, and I just HAD to pass it along. Even if you’re not eating paleo, they’re pretty dang good.
Paleo Banana Carrot Muffins
(adapted from Paleo Plan)
2 cups almond flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
1 Tbs cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 cup dates, pitted
3 ripe bananas
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 ½ cups carrots, shredded (freshly shredded works best, but if you’re pressed for time, the packaged shredded carrots work well too)
¾ cup walnuts (or nuts of choice), finely chopped
approx 1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat the over to 350℉
2. Combine almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger in a large bowl.
3. Mix dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar and oil in a food processor.
4. Mix the mixture from the food processor with the dry ingredients in the large bowl.
5. Fold in carrots and nuts and raisins.
6. spoon mixture into muffin tins lined with paper liners (mixture usually yields about 18 muffins).
7. Bake for 25 minutes and enjoy! Muffins are great hot, and they also freeze well.